The downsides of wearing a bra, which does not fit well can range from a spoilt outfit to health issues. Unfortunately, only a few women know how to measure their bra size in order to shine with every outfit. Others who do not have an idea about it, turn to blame their outfit.
If you do not know much about selecting a bra, it can be a daunting task for you to get the right piece at a store. What constitutes the major source of difficulty is the fact that bras between different brands differ in sizes. The bra of a particular measurement which is C-cup for a brand can come across as a bra of D-cup for another brand.
So, how do you get to measure your bra in a way that you can get it right for your favorite dress? Read on to find out more about it.
How to measure your bra size
This should not be a big deal. Every woman knows how to do it. All you need to do is stand right before a mirror with tape. Note down the measurement of your bust. In case you find it a little tricky to do it on your own, you can also ask your friend to lend a helping hand in it.
There are three things that you would need to find out: band size, bust measurement, and cup size. Here’s how you need to go about it.
- Band size: Pull the measuring tape firmly around your chest. Make sure you position it right below your underarms. Be careful not to squeeze the portion of your body. Now note down the measurement. If you get an approximate figure, consider rounding it up. The measurement which you work out in this manner is your band size.
- Bust: Now bring down the measuring tape slightly. Place it below the band size. Note down the measurement for your future reference. This is the measurement of your bust.
- Cup size: Now that you have the exact measurements for your band size and bust, working out the cup size measurement with these data would be a piece of a cakewalk. All you need to do is subtract the band measurement from the measurement of your bust. Choose the cup size of your bra accordingly.
Things to consider while choosing your bra
Working out the bra size will make things simple and easy for you with regard to choosing a bra. However, this does not mean that you can rely on the measurements that you have obtained using tape by following the aforementioned methods.
Before exploring online stores like Myntra, Zivame, SheIn, etc you should search for the latest Myntra coupon or zivame offers or shein coupon codes to pull out some lucrative deals.
Due to the differences in the cup sizes across different brands, it becomes imperative that you prepare your own checklist. This will help you make certain that you are investing your money in the right item.
- Band: Band is one of the most important components of a bra. Even as there is a slight difference in the actual measurement of your busts and the size of the bra you purchase, you can get away as long as you choose the right band for your bra. If you are taking a trial, make sure you put a finger while fitting it to the loosest row of the hook. The ide should be to get a piece which is secure but not tight. This will make you look stylish without actually compromising with the comfort factor.
- Centre gore: Centre gore is the little area between the cups. It should be tight enough to hold your breasts. You can find out if a piece is the right fit for you by putting a finger. Ideally, you should not be able to insert your finger while inserting it under the center gore.
- Cups: You need to be a little careful in this connection. Remember that for making yourself look comfortable in an outfit, you need to not only look cool but also full in your bra. If this is not the case, then go for a bra with a smaller cup size.
- Straps: You will also need to keep an eye over the adjustable straps. It should not stretch your shoulders. If you see reddish imprints on your skin due to wearing a bra, make a point of not wearing it again. Instead, opt for a different bra which provides better flexibility with straps.
Keeping in mind, the length of the checklist owing to the inclusion of numerous elements, it will not be easy for you to find out a piece which ticks all the right boxes. You may not find the bra you are looking for with all these features at a general store.