Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is a government-supported scheme to provide a home to every Indian. It aims to provide housing facilities to all.
All the houses built under PMAY follow eco-friendly compliances. The credit- linked subsidy scheme (CLSS) is a component of this scheme. It helps a beneficiary get a housing loan at a subsidised interest rate.
The PMAY scheme is specially designed to cater to the economically weaker group (EWG), lower income group (LIG), and middle-income group (MIG).
You must qualify certain conditions to be able to avail of this facility. Once you satisfy the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility criteria, it’s easy to get the benefits of this project. You are going to see your name in the beneficiaries list if you make a successful application to the authorities.
How do You Apply for PMAY
All you need is to follow some simple steps to view your name in the beneficiaries list. These have been outlined in the following:
Offline Mode: To apply offline, you must visit any bank or non-banking financial company (NBFC) with your income proof. Once your application is approved, the lender will get the subsidy amount. The home loan would be deposited in your bank account.
For online application, go to the official website of PMAY (http://pmaymis.gov.in/.)
- Find ‘Citizen Assessment’ from the header menu
- Click on ‘Citizen Assessment’
- Enter your Aadhaar card number
- After completion of these steps, you will be directed to the application page. Next, fill up the required fields
- Download the application form and print it
- Now you can submit the form at your nearest CSC office and financial institution/banks. Do not forget to bring along the required documents
- You can edit the online form after submission.
How do You Check your Name in PMAY List
After you apply for the PMAY scheme, your name will be enlisted on the official website of PMAY. There are two lists for the beneficiaries: one for the urban section and the other for the rural section.
To check your name in the PMAY list, follow these simple steps:
Check PMAY Urban List
- Go to the official website of PMAY-U at pmaymis.gov.in
- Click on the ‘Search Beneficiary’ link in the main menu
- Click on the ‘Search by Name’ link. You will be directed to the next page
- Enter the name or the first three letters of the name
- Click on the ‘SHOW’ button
- A list of PMAY beneficiaries with your name would be displayed
- Verify your name in the list by matching it against your gender, religion, city, or state. You can also match it against your father’s name.
Check PMAY Rural List with Registration Number
If you apply under the PMAY-Gramin (Rural) scheme, you are going to receive a registration number after successful application. You can search for your name with the help of this number. For this, simply follow these steps:
- Go the PMAY-Gramin official website
- Enter your registration number
- After entering your registration number, your details will appear if your name is in the list
Check PMAY Rural List without Registration Number
What happens if you do not get the registration number? You should still be able to search your name in the list with the help of other details. Just follow these steps:
- Go to the PMAY-Gramin official website
- In this case, click on the ‘Advanced Search’ button
- Enter the required details
- Click on the ‘Search’ button
- If your name is in the list, your details will appear.
Last but not Least
If you find your name in the list, it implies that your application has been granted. Now, you will get all the benefits provided by PMAY. You can choose different lenders for the best home loan interest rate in India.