How can you use 485 visas to pr

There are two kinds of visas one can apply for while moving to a Graduate visa from their permanent visa and the other is mentioned below

  1. Sponsored visas: To get a sponsored visa for PR, one needs an employer who would agree to sponsor your stay in the country of Australia, which is entailed in the ENS (Employer Nomination Scheme), 186 or 187, of them.

  2. Skilled Independent visas: This type of visa would not require anyone to get sponsorship from an employer, but would still require them to pass skills assessment and point test. The visas included under this kind are those of 189,190 and 489.

Things to keep in mind while moving to a Sponsored visa from a Graduate 485 visa

  1. Finding an employer to sponsor one’s visa would be the first step. Becoming a standard business sponsor would be a need from the employer to be able to sponsor anyone. An employer can take help from an Immigration Agents in Perth who helps with migration, for the said purpose.

  2. The person’s nature of work must be a match to any of those listed on the MLTSSL (Medium to Long Stay Strategic Skills List). One can take help from an agent who helps with migration to identify the best match of one’s occupation from that list.

  3. The visa is applied for has some requirements of work experience from the applicant that needs to be fulfilled. For instance, if an applicant is seeking under the Direct Entry stream, a Visa 186, and does not have any other work visa that is sponsored before, they will have to have a minimum work experience of 3 years in their line of work. This can be a difficult job if the person’s Graduate visa was of lesser duration than 3 years. In case the requirement of work experience is not met, one can think of continuing to work with their existing employer to attain the requirements and apply for a Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) visa.

Things to keep in mind while moving to a Skilled Independent visa from Graduate 485 visa

The person would not need sponsorship from the employer to make this move; however, there are the following things to be borne in mind:

  1. The person will be points tested in the case of a skilled independent visa application. The points here are based on various factors like proficiency in English, years of work experience, qualifications, etc. The minimum points to be earned are 60 under this system for gaining eligibility for the visa application.

  2. A skills assessment test needs to be completed by the person to assess the skills of a person match with those mentioned in the MLTSSL.

Prepare well

One needs to prepare well for the successful transition between the two visas – Graduate to Permanent work.

Talking and working ahead with a migration agent would enable a person to maximize their chances of being eligible.

Skilled permanent visa application

A person holding a Subclass 485 visa Australia has the same working rights as another permanent resident of Australia. The skilled permanent system of visa is based on points. These points are based on the person’s age, English proficiency, education, etc. One can get additional points if they complete a course, and 5 more points if they study in the regional part of Australia, extra points for work experience in Australia. One can get points even if the spouse passes the skills assessment. Therefore, there are many ways to earn points. A migration agent can assist in this.

Employer-sponsored visa application

If a person has an employer who is happy and willing to retain them in their company in Australia for longer, they can be asked to help them with the visa. Based on one’s occupation and experience, they can apply for any of the following visas: 407/457/TSS/ENS/RSMS. There are visas among these that may be temporary or permanent.

Partner visa application

If a person comes into Australia as a single, and if he/she finds an Australian partner or a partner who is a permanent resident, they can be a sponsor for their permanent residency. A migration agent would be a good option for this as the process is not simple.

Dependant visa for NZ

There is the option of a special visa for a New Zealander’s immediate family members and in case one makes a partner of that country.

Dependent visa of the spouse

If both partners hold a visa, one can become dependent on the other. It just needs to be planned properly as dependents are not allowed in all kinds of visas, and many a time an employer may not agree to add a person’s dependent.

Student visa application

A short-term course can sometimes make a person eligible for PR. A GTE (Genuine temporary entrant) assessment is imperative for this kind of visa and therefore, the course one takes up for PR.

Improve your chances

If a person is granted the 485 or 476 visas, they must try and use it to have a chance at migrating to Australia. Points to be considered are

  • Work experience and employer’s sponsorship

  • Working in the Regional area for their visas

  • Having a Professional year to earn points through working in Australia and adding to the points earned for skills assessment and related visas.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *