Not at all websites look good on a dark background. However, many websites opt for it in order to enhance the visual effect of their websites and also because dark backgrounds are in vogue these days. If you wish to put up your website on a empire market link platform, you have to keep in mind several things before asking your designer to do so. We should never forget that aesthetics and effectiveness go hand in hand in the web design and development business.
Ask yourselves the following questions before deciding on a dark theme for your website:
• Will the background suit your services/products?
• Will the content be readable?
• Will your users feel intrigued by the appearance of your website?
For any website, it is extremely important to match the theme of the website with the services provided. Like, for example if you provide dark background for a Jeweler website, it will look quite appealing and attractive to your audience but if you provide the same for a grocery store, it might not work so well in producing the desired effect. Hence you should be very careful while choosing an appropriate theme for your website and think a lot before putting on a dark one.
Another frequent issue faced by websites having a dark background is readability. Maximum users find white text on a dark background quite eye-straining and unreadable. You should be able to provide the right kind of effect to make the content not only visible but also accurately readable. Hence, it becomes a risk to opt for dark background themes for all websites. You should be careful enough to provide effective web design services for your clients to enjoy maximum revenue benefits. A little orientation anywhere on the site can create a lot of confusion and commotion from the audience. Though it is important for your clients to have an attractive looking website, it is equally important for the website to be effective enough to lure more and more visitors. Only then can your client be assured of your services.
What can you do to solve such problems?
All problems have effective solutions, if only you can find them. Dark backgrounds are quite in these days and you cannot ignore any trend which holds a value for web design and development services.
Go through the following points to know how you can manage dark web designs without affecting your business:
• White spaces: When it comes to dark background websites, you can always optimize the white spaces to create a desired effect. Adjust the white spaces properly to enhance readability apart from increasing the aesthetic value of the website. Provide content in the right places so as to enable your readers to enjoy maximum legibility. Not only just that, but also try to include paragraphs and white spaces in between textual content to reduce the monotony of long and continuous text.
• Font Size: When you are designing on a dark background, you should be critical regarding the size and color of fonts. Using light-colored fonts is not the only way to solve the problem of readability. You should also adjust the size and contrast elements to enhance the overall appearance of the website.
• Contrast: Contrast plays an important role for all kinds of websites and dark themes are no exception. In fact it plays a bigger role for websites with dark backgrounds. Each element should be contrasted properly in order to enhance readability. There should be contrast in spaces, sizes and of course, colors, to create maximum effect.
Designers are creative people and creativity is a product of passion and interest. Hence, if any experienced designer decides on dark background for a particular website, there is no need to counter it. What you can do is follow the above mentioned guidelines to ensure the effectiveness of your website. It that is not enough, you can also tell your web design and development team to provide a style switcher for the benefits of the users.