After deciding that I wanted to redo my back yard, I went ahead and hired a small construction company that my neighbor had once used and said they did a decent job on his newly remodeled driveway. It didn’t take them long to displease me by being 30 minutes late for a quoting appointment. After not showing for the next scheduled appointment, I decided to move on. On my way into work, I was listening to my favorite local talk radio station in when they started talking about a local contractor who works in the Sacramento area. I was thinking that this company had to be good for a radio station to put their reputation on the line. This encouraged me to get online and start some research on local contractors that can provide exceptional service. Here’s a story spoiler: In the end, I hired the company I heard on the radio that morning and I am very pleased with my results. But to save you some of the hassle, I have compiled a list of things to look for in a contracting company that you should not do without:
1. Find a company that provides a wide range of services. You never know when your small project will turn into a big one, so you will want a company that is versatile and able to accommodate your needs.
2. Make sure the contractors introduce themselves on their website. This was important for me since I was burned by my first contractor, and wanted to establish some sense of trust. After all, this person is doing a major job for you and you want to feel as though you are on the same page as them, and can trust that they are going to do their very best to please you.
3. Proof of quality work. What really drew my attention to some websites over others is that the contractors were willing to post their customers’ reviews. Another thing I was looking for in my research was the websites that posted pictures of their final products. That solid proof of a good job gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling that everything would be okay if hired this company.
4. Offers free quotes (and actually shows up to your quoting appointments). In my experience with my final company, the contractor showed up 5 minutes early, made sure he completely understood me, and compiled an affordable quote the very next day.
5. Shows up on the day of https://polishbuilders4u.co.uk, gets the job done correctly, and stays within the budget. My contractor showed up on the day of construction, promising he would be finished by the end of the day. Because I did not think that the job was do-able in that period of time, I planned on them coming back the next day. To my surprise, they were finished earlier than they thought, and they were on their merry way.
Hopefully this article helps you to gain some insight on what to look for in construction companies. When you don’t do your research, it can be a total hit or miss. But as long as these 5 things are checked off the list, you should be in good shape!